There is something about the holidays that brings out the SUGAR, and it seems like this week leading up to Halloween has been no different. Since I am struggling with avoiding the treats and I stay home most of the day, I can only imagine how hard it is to resist the sweets circulating around the workplace and social gatherings. So I decided to share a dessert recipe that uses no refined sugar. These baked stuffed apples are quick and easy, which means you still have time to whip up a batch for your Halloween party this weekend!
- 2 apples
- 1 tsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 dates, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Hollow out insides of apples using spoon or melon baller (make sure you remove the seeds)
- Chop the pieces you hollowed out into small pieces
- Combine apple pieces, date pieces, coconut oil, coconut flour, cinnamon and salt in small bowl.
- Stuff apples with filling mixture
- Bake for 40 minutes or until tender
Serves 2 but can easily be scaled up!
What are your Halloween plans?
Important disclaimer: I have no medical training. Just lots of passion for real food! Please consult your own doctor and do your own research in support of my suggestions. It’s an important part of taking control of your health!