It’s been a cozy week here in Idaho so I thought it was time to share another real food recipe! This is one of my absolute favorites, especially since it is acceptable to eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. My brother first made this sweet potato hash for me–and he made it with BACON (oh yes. SO delicious)! So if you have bacon, do that, but if not, it is also incredibly delicious on its own.
Sweet Potato Hash
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 T coconut oil or cooking fat of choice
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Place chopped sweet potatoes in baking dish, spreading as evenly as possible.
- Coat with coconut oil (I usually just throw the lumps on there, stick it in the oven for a couple of minutes and then stir once it’s melted a bit).
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sea salt.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
What’s your favorite food to make on a cozy fall day?
Important disclaimer: I have no medical training. Just lots of passion for real food! Please consult your own doctor and do your own research in support of my suggestions. It’s an important part of taking control of your health!