We’re taking the divide and conquer approach to Thanksgiving dinner this year—which really means I put on my bossy pants, made the menu, and then dictated responsibilities to my siblings. Here’s what we’re having:
- Smoked Turkey
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Coconut Milk
- Mixed Green Salad with Feta, Pecans and Citrus Dressing
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- Strawberry Pretzel Jell-o Salad (This recipe is still under development for allergy-friendliness. Wish me luck!)
- Roasted Green Beans with Bacon
- Perfectly Roasted Brussels Sprouts (recipe available in my Free Guide to Surviving the Holidays with Food Sensitivities)
- Sweet and Savory Rice Stuffing Substitute (recipe also available in my Free Guide to Surviving the Holidays with Food Sensitivities)
- Stovetop Stuffing (because my sister and husband are die-hards)
- Nick’s Famous Rolls
- Pumpkin Custard
This menu was created around the many dietary restrictions in my family—we have someone coming off the Whole30, someone with FODMAP sensitivities, and of course my own modified Auto Immune Paleo diet. Although we won’t all be able to eat EVERYTHING, I tried to make sure there is enough to keep everyone happy and full! If you’re wondering how to tailor your holiday celebration for those with dietary restrictions, there’s still time to check out my FREE Guide to Surviving the Holidays with Food Sensitivities.
What are you guys having for Thanksgiving dinner this year?